Welcome to Local Dish Winston-Salem.

This blog is paired with a Facebook Group where people can post pictures and talk about food and beverages they have had at local W-S restaurants and bars. Pictures from the group will be added here so it can be used as a great resource for local places for everyone to enjoy.

You won't find the negative points here; we focus on the good, the great, and the best.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Foothills

Foothills was the first restaurant I visited when I moved to Winston-Salem a little over a year ago. As lovers of craft beers and good bar food, my husband and I have been to Foothills MANY times since that first visit.

This was my first time getting the Cuban sandwich. I'd seen it on the menu and have had my eye on it for a while and finally broke free from the chicken wings and ordered it.



The Sandwich: Pulled pork, ham, swiss cheese, pickles, and HOMEMADE spicy mustard. Of course I ordered fries as my side because I had literally been craving that HOMEMADE ketchup all week. (Fun fact from Waiter Evan-the homemade ketchup has a special ingredient: Pilot Mountain Pale Ale. No wonder it is so delicious)



My husband ordered his usual, Brewhouse wings, and helped me eat some of my fries.

And of course, we washed it down with some refreshing Foothills Brews. Beer of choice: Oktoberfest! I've been waiting since last fall for this seasonal to come out. If you haven't tried it, you must this fall before it goes away again for another year. Foothills Oktoberfest is truly tasty-a little sweet and really smooth. Out of all of the Foothills beers, it is definitely my favorite.
--Sadie S

No comments:

Post a Comment