Welcome to Local Dish Winston-Salem.

This blog is paired with a Facebook Group where people can post pictures and talk about food and beverages they have had at local W-S restaurants and bars. Pictures from the group will be added here so it can be used as a great resource for local places for everyone to enjoy.

You won't find the negative points here; we focus on the good, the great, and the best.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Breakfast of Course (Mary's Too)


Let me begin by saying that I don't like change. Who does? I firmly believe that those who profess to embrace change really mean they like change that they initiate.

I loved Mary's of Course - the kitsch, the food, the staff, the tables arranged too close together. It was MY place.





The restaurant has now moved locations. I still refer to the restaurant as "Mary's," although my niece does me one better and refers to the new restaurant as "new Mary's." I love this place too.


O ordered a daily special, which consisted of a sweet potato biscuit and sausage gravy. I ordered an egg and cheese sandwich with avocado. I then splurged on dessert at 9am because it was the whole reason I came in.



I have adjusted slowly to the change. I love that Mary (or somebody)
updates facebook with the specials. I have gone there specifically for things I've seen posted on facebook (most of them involve fruit and sugar, but also vegetarian specials and vegetarian soups).

The new place is huge, there is plenty of room between the tables. Some of the old staff is still there and newbies are growing on me. The kitsch is gone, but probably wouldn't have felt right in the new place and I still love Mary and her food.

No comments:

Post a Comment