Welcome to Local Dish Winston-Salem.

This blog is paired with a Facebook Group where people can post pictures and talk about food and beverages they have had at local W-S restaurants and bars. Pictures from the group will be added here so it can be used as a great resource for local places for everyone to enjoy.

You won't find the negative points here; we focus on the good, the great, and the best.

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Mr. Barbecue

Being born and raised in North Carolina, I have always appreciated a good plate of pulled-pork BBQ. I moved to Winston-Salem over a year ago and was anxious to find my 'go-to' BBQ joint... and it didn't take me long to find it. Mr. Barbecue, located on Peter's Creek Parkway, has fulfilled all of my BBQ joint needs: good pork, good sauce, good sides, good price. I'm a traditionalist when it comes to this meal, usually ordering the chopped plate (that comes with the pork, hush puppies, fries, and bbq slaw). This costs around $6.00 and can easily feed two people for lunch. Don't forget to order a sweet tea!
















Other items to note
Onion Rings-Oh the onion rings. Hand battered and heavenly.
Hamburgers-You know those days when you think to yourself "Man, I want a REALLY good juicy, messy hamburger"? These burgers meet that craving.
:
The desserts-banana pudding, chocolate pie, chocolate cake, pecan pie. Need I say more?

No comments:

Post a Comment