Welcome to Local Dish Winston-Salem.

This blog is paired with a Facebook Group where people can post pictures and talk about food and beverages they have had at local W-S restaurants and bars. Pictures from the group will be added here so it can be used as a great resource for local places for everyone to enjoy.

You won't find the negative points here; we focus on the good, the great, and the best.

Friday, October 22, 2010

Screaming Rooster: A Whole Lotta Fresh and Local Goodness

I have to admit, at times I take pictures of the food and then I get behind. I have eaten at the Screaming Rooster three times in the last two weeks, so I am doing a cumulative post. One of the things that I like about the Screaming Rooster is how fresh the food is every time I visit. When I go to a restaurant, I like to try a variety of things, but often I get "repeat" items to test for consistency.

The Rooster is consistent and the flavors are good. The menu has staples that many people like, but gets very creative with the specials that they offer- often based on ingredients that have been purchased at one of the local Farmer's Markets earlier in the week. As a result, there is a nice variety with a local and fresh combination. The Rooster is open for breakfast and lunch only, but they are open and have a special menu for brunch on Saturday and Sunday.

Below are some of the items that my dining companions and I have enjoyed.

Scrambled eggs, bacon, hashbrowns,
fruit and sourdough toast
Cranberry and Pecan Pancakes
with fruit & a side of scrambled eggs

Chicken and Waffles, fresh fruit, and Cheese Grits
(Brunch Special)
Bacon & Tomato Quiche, fresh fruit,
and apple cinnamon muffin












Lunch items

Tomato and Squash Quiche
with bluberry muffin
and fruit 

Chicken Salad with Walnuts,
served with a side salad and fruit


1 comment:

  1. A restaurant lacking the ability to create good food at a cost efficient price. The chef must think very highly of himself for pricing there menu so short of fulfilling hunger. As I visited this restaurant I witnessed a very disturbing incident where a customer of another restaurant parked in the parking lot and the fat owner guy was childish enuff to go and call a tow truck for there car. There was only a fue tables in this place and I saw it very disturbing that he would do this to a consumer rather his or not maybe one day it will it will happen to him but I don't think anyone else in this area will do that to one another

    ReplyDelete