Welcome to Local Dish Winston-Salem.

This blog is paired with a Facebook Group where people can post pictures and talk about food and beverages they have had at local W-S restaurants and bars. Pictures from the group will be added here so it can be used as a great resource for local places for everyone to enjoy.

You won't find the negative points here; we focus on the good, the great, and the best.

Friday, October 8, 2010

Putter's Patio Bar and Grill

As a new contributor to the blog, I figured I should pay homage to the places and dishes I frequent most. Thus begins part 1 of the 5 restaurants in my workweek rotation: Putter’s Patio and Grill. As with the others in my short-but-sweet list of restaurants that no longer require any verbal exchange to produce “my usual”, I’ve tried quite a bit from the menu and finally settled on 1 favorite dish, in this case – the Steak and Cheese Sub with Soft Chips and Ranch, coupled with a sweet tea. Since I have been eating this sandwich for the last…oh, 6 years, I have to rave about their consistency – both in food and service. It always takes the same amount of time to complete a meal there, and it is always prepared the same. Staff is always friendly, prompt, and even the owner, Bill, is often there to greet or check in mid-meal. It’s a wonderful 30-40 minute lunch you can enjoy in front of a big screen TV (always on ESPN), or reading the WS Journal (several copies always laying around).

You will certainly enjoy this 8” sub, stuffed…no…overflowing with tender steak and melted cheese, with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise. The soft chips have a tendency to get greasy, so if that’s not your bag, I’d get the hard chips. Another tip I can share, is to make sure to get a knife to push the contents down into the sub before eating it…otherwise it will be all over your plate and not in your mouth. If you’re not into the sandwhich thing, they also have an excellent lunch rib eye at an excellent lunch price.

Putter's is located at the corner of University Pkwy and Deacon Blvd (behind IHOP)

No comments:

Post a Comment