Welcome to Local Dish Winston-Salem.

This blog is paired with a Facebook Group where people can post pictures and talk about food and beverages they have had at local W-S restaurants and bars. Pictures from the group will be added here so it can be used as a great resource for local places for everyone to enjoy.

You won't find the negative points here; we focus on the good, the great, and the best.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Dinner and Dioli's Trattoria...again

Dinner at Dioli's for the 4th time last Saturday, I'm working my way through the menu! I took 3 Dioli's noobs this time. The resturant was busy in trattoria style. We sat in the back room for the first time and the 3 story high ceilings into the Steven's Center with ornate moldings and columns lends itself to the Italian style. The waiter was informative and made suggestions in the wine as well as menu items.





Heather wanted the pesto tagliatelle (pasta is house made), but also wanted to try the meatballs. The waiter suggested not to add them to the tagliatelle, but how about a side of meatballs? Brilliant.












Scott followed suite with the Spaghetti and Meatballs (meatballs and marinara also house made).









Kelly had the Spaghetti Carbonara (diced pancetta, eggs, garlic, parsley and parmesan cheese-its on my list for next time...).





I was about to order my favorite item, the stuffed pork loin, but made a game time decision switch to the Seafood Risotto and I am glad I did (and I have a new pic to post!).







Desserts were shared, a Raspberry Torte, which has been posted on before, and the Tiramisu which I have been wanting to get since my first visit. Both really good. Dinner was followed by a movie at A/perture, Solitary Man with Michael Douglas, unexpectedly brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment