Welcome to Local Dish Winston-Salem.

This blog is paired with a Facebook Group where people can post pictures and talk about food and beverages they have had at local W-S restaurants and bars. Pictures from the group will be added here so it can be used as a great resource for local places for everyone to enjoy.

You won't find the negative points here; we focus on the good, the great, and the best.

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chelsee's: Mocha Chocolate Cake

OK, so the REAL reason that I got the catfish at Sweet Potatoes is because I wanted somthing light enought to save room for dessert! Chelsee's Coffee Shop is right next door and that means CAKE. Tonight I had my choice between Cookies and Cream, Hummingbird Cake (a cake made with pineapple, bananas, pecans, and cinnamon), Caramel Cake and Mocha Chocolate Cake.  It was a difficult choice but...I'm down with MCC, (yeah, you know me).
I think that the Mocha Chocolate Cake and I would be matched with one another if we were registered on Match.com or e-Harmony...for dessert. It has the characteristics that I look for in a dessert: comforting, sweet, nothing artificial, & chocolate and coffee. The icing on this cake absolutely melts in your mouth. It is the sweet kiss on your tongue after the hug of the chocolatey cake. This cake just might make you believe in love at first bite.

*A cup of Chelsee's coffee makes an excellent wingman.

No comments:

Post a Comment